1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Device control through Bluetooth from Symbian OS Mobiles

Discussion in 'Bluetooth' started by monojit, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

2. williamxiamen

williamxiamen New Member

Hello Binu, my phone is N85, so it is not support by your programmes. I decied to build a bluetooth programme by myself. I also use pys60 to build it. I am in the first step, build a bluetooth connection, and send date via the bluetooth serial port. But unfortunately, when I run the script on pys60, I get an error: 'module' object has no attribute 'bt_obex_discover' I have no idea how to solve this problem now. could you help me about this?
  3. williamxiamen

williamxiamen New Member

Hello Binu, my phone is N85, so it is not support by your programmes. I decied to build a bluetooth programme by myself. I also use pys60 to build it. I am in the first step, build a bluetooth connection, and send date via the bluetooth serial port. But unfortunately, when I run the script on pys60, I get an error: 'module' object has no attribute 'bt_obex_discover' I have no idea how to solve this problem now.
  4. Daniel

Daniel New Member

doubts in bluetooth

Hi Friends!
    As i introduced myself earlier am based very much on software and am ready to help anyone with anything i can.

I love this bluetooth and PC device control idea and i once did one for GSM SMS. i now want to try one in mobile bluetooth and a bluetooth dongle. i have a circuit board that my friend did for me and also i know how to work with it.
    I just want someone to en light me in mobile programming of course i will give a simple idea for those who are doing it as final year projects i mean basic but will work.
  5. Daniel

Daniel New Member

For those doing these project as final year projects please use these to guide you.

using vb6 or vb.net write a small code that can watch the changes in a folder.
    install the bluetooth dongle software and in my Documents you will see a folder called bluetooth. specify the path to these folder to watch it.
    using your mobile phone send anything to the computer like image. if it works then u are in the right track.
    For TV On get a picture and rename it to TV On. with your code read the text or caption name of what is send in the watched folder.
    This means anytime there is a change in that folder i.e when a new thing is send it will read it and do as instructed.
    Simple as these if you need the code please i have it in VB.Net.

Can someone guide me on how to upload something here because i would have uploaded rather than sending to individual person.
    Thanks guys
  6. sham

sham New Member

what is cost of this project
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

Can you post the code here, also do you install the correct Python for S60?
    Are you using pc emulator or mobile phone.
    your codes and guidance are always welcome here.
    for uploading the codes click "Go advanced" near the quick reply button at the bottom of this page. Then click the paper clip icon to upload files.
    You can also look this project for pc based device control through bluetooth.
    http://avrprojects.info/avr-projects/bluetooth-based-smart-home/
    please mail me for the price details.