1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Biomedical monitoring system (at89c2051 + tx/rx)

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. nagirodu

nagirodu New Member

Will placing the finger in between LED and LDR sense the patient's heart beat or do we need any other equipment to process the heart beat. How does a LDR detects the heart beat(or temperature)from the patient's finger when it is placed between the LED and LDR?
  2. afnan

afnan Moderator

manonma15
    if u see detail on signal conditionong ckt.1st stage is amplifier in lm 358 uhich amplifies AC.2nd dtage is comparator that compares values with rev volt.
    ht12e/d are encoder and decoders

Binu
    i got to ask u a q.
    ive implemented SCX15dn with lt1014 as in its datasheet.Now it sens pressure.i have to measure ossilations (heart beat) with pressure cuf.and found that there is ossillations of ab 20 mv.i have to amplify it to 1.5 to 2 volt.Can u sugest me a schematic that tends to block dc and amplifies AC to req volts
  3. manonma15

manonma15 New Member

sir,
    when we keep a finger in between ldr n red led, wat really happens inside the finger? depending on what characteristics of blood can the LDR detect the difference[?]
  4. nim

nim New Member

anyone here finished the heart beat sensor part and is it working properly working?
  5. nim

nim New Member

dear Binuji,
    can a photodiode be used instead of ldr in heart beat sensor circuit.
    pls do reply soon
  6. synaqvi12

synaqvi12 New Member

sir i am unable to download the source code please can u give by some other way
    my email address is synaqvi12@live.com.yasir

yas
  7. nim

nim New Member

in the heart beat sensor circuit if a LED is connected to the pin 7 OF LM358 ,only its brighteness varies when a finger is placed .the voltage variation is observed as 0.1V and 0.5V, what could be the problem ????Why there is not any huge variation like 0V and 5V. please help me out.
  8. macintosh

macintosh New Member

Hello Mr.Binu

I tried to Assembley the transmitter.a51 to get hex code by using Assembler but it is not working no thing is appear I don't know why? But for receiver.a51 it's working and I get to files one of them is hex and other lst ?

Also, I tried to use the online Assembler I upload the transmitter.a51 and I get folder called webasm19123.zip . It has webasm19123.hex, webasm19123.lst and webasm19123.a51?

My question is: Can I consider webasm19123.hex is transmitter.hex and burn it in microcontroller?

Thank
    Best wishes to do best
    Regard, Macintosh

[​IMG] Attachment: Transmitter code.zip ( 8565bytes )
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

You can get a square pulses for every heart beat.
    please search the forum, i have explained it before
    Check the circuit connection and the port numbers with the circuit. Sure there may be some hardware error.
    1. LM358 is just an op-amp IC
    2, Ht12E is encoder for RF/IR transmission and HT12D is the decoder, for more details about this IC please check the datasheet.
    Use an op-amp to amplify the AC signal.
    I haven't use that, normal LDR wil works fine.
    Since there will be a small variation on the LDR resistance we can get only small variations. The op-amp will amplify it to 0-5v
    Use the MIDE assembler from 8051 Tools page.
  10. manonma15

manonma15 New Member

sir
    in this project programming ,4bit lcd interfacing is done or 8 bit