1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

interfacing problem

Discussion in 'GSM' started by wolverine123, Feb 27, 2009.

1. wolverine123

wolverine123 New Member

hi binu jee, i am doing a project in which i have to interface a gprs enabled phone with a 89c51 microcontroller.... now i was thinking of doing it through AT commands, i got a samsung C100 and tried to first test it using hyperterminal.. i got a C100 because it was the only one i could find here which had a serial cable and was gprs enabled. At first for testing i used the AT commands to send an SMS which worked then i tried to find AT commands for gprs but i cant find any examples or anything on what AT commands to use. All i want to do is just let the mobile go to a WAP site nothing else. Can you please guide me if that is even possible or not. Also can a usb data cable be interfaced to a 89c51??? Please reply ASAP and thanks :)
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

Are you connecting the mobile C100 to the PC serial port or USB port.
    If serial port then you can connect it to the microcontroller, else it will be difficult.

Me 2 trying to connect a mobile to the wap site, but cant get succeed. i am using motorola C168i. Any check this, i follow it. It gets connect and disconnected immediately. I use SIM300 GSM/GPRS modem
    [​IMG]
  3. wolverine123

wolverine123 New Member

what if i add a usb to serial converter??? will that help?? like i would send the data through serial and then the converter will send it using the usb data cable?? because serial cables are hard to come by nowadays