1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Vehicle tracking system

Discussion in 'GPS' started by mravikumar51, Jan 30, 2009.

1. mravikumar51

mravikumar51 New Member

hi,
    This is ravi.I want know what are the requirement to do a project on vehicle tracking system using gps(including software and hardware).I want to track the 20 cars,and also i want to track the speed of the vahicle.I want track the vehicle using google to display the location and direction etc..
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

You need a microcontroller connected with a gps, gprs modem and a web server.
    Get the location from the GPS and update the data to the webserver through the GPRS modem.
    Use a scripting language such us PHP, ASP or any other to collect the data into a database and to display it over the webpage on google maps.
  3. mravikumar51

mravikumar51 New Member

Thanks for giving me reply.I want to connect All GPS receiver to single PC.So is it require any Server to store data or can i connect directly to PC.If i am storing data in server how can i get data to Google maps i mean how to link server data to google maps.Is there any code require to send data from gps receiver to pc or server directly or Is there any software availiable to map the data from gps receiver to Goolgle maps through PC.
    If you have this type of project please send me.
  4. mravikumar51

mravikumar51 New Member

Hi,
    I am doing project on vehicle tracking system to trace speed of vehicle,location of vehicle,time,date,driver details(name,mobile no),vehicle no,etc.So i need your help to do this project.I want to trace 20 vehicles at a time and i want to disply all above parameters in web page in pc.If you have code(in vb.net or else other) to disply the details in web page please send me.
  5. Binu

Binu Administrator

first interface the microcontroller with GPS and modem.
    Then do the server program.
  6. richard.engr

richard.engr New Member

can you provide me with the circuit diagram for interfacing micro controller with gps and gprs modem
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

check the code library page.
  8. sachin

sachin New Member

i need total project report on vehicle tracking system using gps
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

[:I] You have to do it.

[​IMG]
  10. moyoumin

moyoumin New Member

It doesn't need to use a database server to store all tracking information. We already have an system composed by a tracker, a SMS modem and a PC. With our software, the system could tracking at most 20 object in one time.