1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

REMOTE CONTROL VIA INTERNET (AT89S52 + RS232 to Ethernet Adaptor)

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

This project entitled ? Remote Control Through Internet? allows us to monitor, control and automate our home from remote locations. In existing system home automation and security are separate systems working independently. Also in existing system if any one of the sensors goes abnormal the user is not immediately informed about the status, since there is no way for the user to get the information about the status. Monitoring system should be always in online so it is more expensive. Limited to smaller distance i.e., within a single network.
    This project integrates automation and security into a single unit. Also abnormal condition of any sensor is detected immediately and message is given as an alert to the user PC. Monitoring and controlling home environment in real time is made possible through LAN.
    In This project we use a microcontroller(89S52) which controls the electronic devices through the relay driver(ULN2003). Also we are using PC, which is used for monitoring purpose. The temperature sensor(DS18S20) senses the temperature. Based on the temperature, the microcontroller produces the desired output. Thus our project helps us in constant touch with our home environment ensuring the safety of our home
    Program: View attachment internet.zip
  2. agr.vicky

agr.vicky New Member

hi sir,
    what is lan jack which are used with max 232...

vivek
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

The lan jack is the Rs232 to ethernet converter jack. This module can be get from www.sparrl.com from bangalore.

J.Binu
  4. er_prashant1

er_prashant1 New Member

What is the maximum number of gadgets that can be connected and controlled in the project named "REMOTE CONTROL VIA INTERNET (AT89S52 + RS232 to Ethernet Adaptor)"

Prashant
  5. Binu

Binu Administrator

6. electronicart

electronicart Member

as you say "REMOTE CONTROL VIA INTERNET "
    can we control it via a remote location using web browser
    if yes , then what we should type on web browser
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

No you cant control through a web browser, since its not a web server. But you can control through the VB application software, which you can download it from the downloads.

J.Binu
    Click here to buy fully finished Project Kits
  8. electronicart

electronicart Member

ok...
    but still i want to know that can we control over a remote location by this VB software (or can we control only on local network)
    my purpose is to control my home lights from my office , can i do it by using this project if not. then what your recommendation ?
    thanks
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

The devices can be controlled anywhere from the world through Internet.
    But you should have a Global IP. so that You can access the kit through out the world.
    If you want to control through a local network then an Local IP can be used.

The device is identified over the network though its IP address.

J.Binu
    Click here to buy fully finished Project Kits
  10. electronicart

electronicart Member

THERE ARE LOT OF MODELS IN www.sparrl.com
    PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH MODEL U HAVE USED IN THE PROJECT
    THANKS