1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

prepaid energy meter doubt

Discussion in 'Project Doubts' started by ashi0488, Apr 3, 2009.

1. ashi0488

ashi0488 New Member

Sir i am confused about the card reader in my project prepaid energy meter....there is only a single card reader...right??? the card reader is connected to 8052 with pins 11 and 12 as well as to AT24C02??? are there two or a single eeprom??
    Tags:
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

3. bhumika

bhumika New Member

SIR, THE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM WE HAD DOWNLOADED HAD THECARD READER IN THE MAIN CIRCUIT ATTACHED TO 8052 MICROCONTROLLER PIN 11 BUT NOW U HAVE CHANGED THE CIRCUIT..SO WHICH ONE SHOULD WE FOLLOW...SIR PLZ REPLY SOON....SIR PLZ VERY SOON....[xx(]:(
  4. Binu

Binu Administrator

Follow the present circuit.
  5. bhumika

bhumika New Member

sir,

i have completed the hardware portion. i also loaded the program in both ICs, 2051 and s52.

now, i started with the card programmer circuit, but it is not working.. i've checked it many times. all the connections are perfect, as per your circuit diagram..

only one modification i've done is that, in the resistor network connected to 11-19 pins of 2051, it was of 9 pins only. so, to provide supply of 5v, i connected a 10k resistor between the last terminal of network(the one connected to 19th pin and the supply).

the card is not being programmed.. and none of the LED glows, neither red nor green.

pls, guide me regarding this..
  6. Binu

Binu Administrator

check your keypad connection with the port number of the microcontroller.
  7. ashi0488

ashi0488 New Member

sir can i program the EEPROM with a EEPROM programmer directly??? then would i need to make the card programmer circuit...and sir how can i program the EEPROM with the programmer my college has??? is it possible????[:0]
  8. ashi0488

ashi0488 New Member

sir plz do reply as soon as possible...:(
  9. ashi0488

ashi0488 New Member

sir, i have one more question...i got the meter but i dont know from where i have to take the pulses...and the source line is to the 230v supply and where does the load line go??[:eek:)][:eek:)]
  10. Binu

Binu Administrator

yes you can use any EEPROM programmer to program the chip
    check this link
    http://www.8051projects.info/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1774