1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Microcontroller Based Digital Clock with Alarm

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jul 15, 2008.

1. avikmajumder

avikmajumder New Member

1.You have mentioned 89S51/52.But in the picture I see 89C51. Which one do I use for the given .hex file(without the need to change the .hex file)?
    2. Does decreasing the value of R1-R28 increase the brightness of the LED? What is the minimum(approx) value that can be used without burning the LEDS?
    3.Can you provide me with a programmer that incorporates MAX232 and uses a serial port(DB9)and the supported software which is needed to burn the your .hex file?

2. alok_501

alok_501 New Member

hi binu.... i need ur help...can u plz specify what are the component you are using here in this project?????
  3. alok_501

alok_501 New Member

what is that CN1 used along with 9V battery???
  4. m2star

m2star New Member

hi

binu,
    you rock man, ur design is awesome, million of thanks to upload your circuit, i have simulated it on proteus 7.6, that is working just awesome,:cool: i want to know that which kind of software we can use to create hex file from BAS file.............:confused:
  5. m2star

m2star New Member

hi......alok__501
    CN1 is the connector like a mobile phone's charging female connector. shown below controller and left side of buzzer..........
  6. raj_inex

raj_inex New Member

help me with program in c

here given program is in hex format please i want to understand its c program and implement it please help me..please..please..my id is:"raj_inex@yahoo.com"
  7. avikmajumder

avikmajumder New Member

Final report

:cool:I have completed this project and here is the final report.:cool:
    I have made a few modification in the circuit and the program.

Binu's circuit
    [​IMG]

1. The program Binu provided allowed Led4 to remain on for the 1st 30 sec while Led5 blinked and for the rest 30 sec Led5 remained on while Led4 blinked. I changed the program to blink only one Led althoughout 60sec. In my circuit below you will see I have replaced Led4 & Led5 and connected the 'dp' pin of the segment display with pin 28 of the microcontroller. You can download Bascom and open AVIKMAJUMDER RTC.BAS and BINU RTC.BAS to compare and see where I have changed the programming.
    2. Also I have replaced C2(1µF) capacitor with SW5(switch) which allowed me to reset the clock without disconnecting the power supply.
    3. I used 560Ω resistance in place of 1k resistance. This allowed brighter display.
    4. I removed the 9V battery, diode, 7805 ic, CN1(wall adapter connector) in my circuit so that it is easy to understand. I powered my model with a Nokia charger. Find out yourself how to connect the Nokia charger and power the model.:p

My circuit
    [​IMG]

Completed model
    Led1, Led2, Led3 is yet to be placed.
    I have placed them later, after taking this pic, and they worked fine.

[​IMG]

How to program the Microcontroller.

Here comes the hard-to-digest part.:( I have used a parallel(25 pin) port programmer and will not be able to help you with serial(9 pin) port or usb programmer. I know parallel ports are hard to find in computer these days specially in Intel motherboards. You may find one in Asus motherboard. You may Google serial port and USB programmer; but I cant help you with that
    If your motherboard has a parallel port you may find the microcontroller programmer, mentioned below, useful.

Parallel Programmer Kit
    [​IMG]

Connecting the kit to the microcontroller
    [​IMG]

Note:
    1. 74LS08 is a quad AND gate ic and the numbers on the AND gate in the picture is the pin numbers of the ic.
    2. You must also ground the aluminum cover of the parallel port socket along with pins 18 to 25. I am talking about the cover that surrounds the pins of the male parallel port connector (DB25).
    3. Remember to keep all wires connecting the DB25 socket to the AND gate short, around 3-4 inches. Same for the wires connecting the microcontroller from the AND gate.
    4. Preferably use windows XP to run the software (ispprog.exe).

Using the software:

1. Download the ispprog.zip
    2. Extract the contents in one folder.
    3. Run ispprog.exe
    4. Select AT89S51/52 and 12,000,000 Hz.
    5. Click setup and select AEC ISP and the port and click OK.
    [​IMG]
    6. Click Restart
    7. Click Read signature. If everything is correct microntroller name will be shown beside Device signature. (If Unknown Device is shown check connections)
    8. Click the file icon beside File for programming flash and browse for the AVIKMAJUMDER RTC.HEX file
    download it from the attachment)

9. Click Erase.
    10. Click Pgm Flash
    11. Click Verify Flash

Part list
    For the programmer:
    1. DB25 male....1
    2. HD74LS08P ic....1
    3. 14pin ic base....1
    4. 2inX2in Vero board....1
    5. Wires (ribbon wires preferably)....8in total

For the clock circuit
    1. 7 segment common anode display....4
    2. LED(color of your choice)....3
    3. 560Ω/0.25W resistance....27
    4. Switch(push to on)....5
    5. 1µF capacitor....1
    6. 33pF capacitor...2
    7. X-Tal 12MHz....1
    8. Buzzer....1
    9. 5inX3in Vero board....1
    10. Nokia wall charger or any 5V supply
    11. A189S51/AT89S52....1
    12. 40pin ic base....2(one for the ic and one for the 4 seven-segment display)

Say thanks to binu

Attached Files:

8. Binu

Binu Administrator

avikmajumder thanks for your feedback and project report.
  9. rajguru

rajguru New Member

can I get c or assembly code for this project
  10. Anks

Anks New Member

i want c coding of Microcontroller Based Digital Clock with Alarm.can any one help me.my e-mail id is kumar13_89@yahoo.in.