1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

gps and gsm cost

Discussion in 'GPS' started by madhura hegde, Sep 9, 2010.

1. madhura hegde

madhura hegde New Member

hello sir,
    I am planning to do a project on GPS and GSM based vehicle tracking system. i would like to know the cost of both GPS and GSM and also where i can buy them. plz help me out, its urgent. thanx in advance
  2. tibbu

tibbu Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello madhura
    Average costs of GPS and GPRS modem is around Rs.3000 each. however lots of models and vendors available so prices may vary. Search on net for online shops of these products.
  3. madhura hegde

madhura hegde New Member

thanx a lot tibbu... i was scared to proceed in the project since someone told me tht gps startin price is 25k.......now m relieved. u made my day start wit enthusiasm. thanx a lot lot lot
  4. Binu

Binu Administrator

Yes there are gps for 25k also. They will have inbuilt color display and maps. They are mainly used in vehicles for find the route.
    The gps modules wont have anything they just give out the lat & lon and some other datas through its ports.
  5. madhura hegde

madhura hegde New Member

hello sir,
    i have heard tht some installment cost, software n al needed 4 gps, is it true? I want to do a project which should detect d location of bus n send d signal information to d next bus stop tht this bus is goin to arrive at tht bus stop. its called next bus.... can u give me some brief idea abt wat al i need in such projects? whether d projects involving GPS become costlier?
    plz give ur inputs to my project. it would be valuable one. thank u.
  6. tibbu

tibbu Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello madhura,

If you are talking about professional GPS then maps provider companies like "map my india" charges for maps (however you can avail free free gps maps provided by nokia on nokia gps enabled mobiles). if you are talking about GPS modules then they only provide lat & lon as binu said.
    Now about project , i think this will be a difficult project for starters. It needs tough coding.
    For building such project you need one GPS and two GPRS modems.
    Contact binu he has done similar project.
  7. madhura hegde

madhura hegde New Member

ya its difficult and challenging one. but m really interested in it. i need ur guidance sir. wat al softwares required and in which language i must develop tht decoding part? wat is d cost of this project sir? bcz if its too costly, then m thinkin of gettin some sponsorship for my project. so wat is estimated cost for this project? how shall i proceed wit it? i want brief explanation abt wat to do. m really interested in it. but m bit lost, gettin many info, but not able to put in a proper form. so how to start with it sir?
  8. madhura hegde

madhura hegde New Member

sir,
    can v use cel which has gps in it, in our project? bcz gettin 1 gps n 2 gprs receivers may become a costly issue. so wat u suggest me?
  9. tpsbpl

tpsbpl Member

10. maheshkumar0459

maheshkumar0459 New Member

Hello madhura,,
    Have u done your project using mobile which has gps in it?? We are also doing one project in which GSM and GPS modules to be used. We are using GSM module but we are trying to use mobile GPS and GPRS for this.. Please help me out,,
    Thanks!!!!
    st: 32861, member: 90"]YOU CAN CHECK THIS 65-Channel Tracking Bluetooth GPS Receiver + Data Logger
    http://www.onlinetps.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=895[/quote]