1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

FingerPrint Based Security System

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

The Transistors are used to generate trigger pulses to/from the module.
    Yes it has 9 pins and we are using only 7 pins, please check the updated circuit diagram at the projects page.
  2. jeymafiq

jeymafiq New Member

thanks fer the reply sir.i have few doubts still..from the circuit explanation u gave me,u wrote that "The transistors 1 to 3 are derived by the microcontroller and the other two was derived from the module. When logic 1 (+5v) is fed to the base of the transistor then it will conduct and the emitter to collector resistance is reduced and a logic 0 is fed to the module".
    logic 0 is equal to 0V rite??how can it operate if logic 0 fed to the module.and another thing.i understand that each pin meaning,but am quite blur what does enroll,delete and identify even after i saw the description on the fim3030 data sheet.please explain.thanks sir
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

The input pins to the modules are active low, so only an low signal can activate the function.
    Enroll is used to add a finger print into its memory
    Delete is used to delete a finger print from its memory
    Identify is used to match a finger print from its memory (we are using only this function)
  4. jeymafiq

jeymafiq New Member

ok thanks for the reply.so the enroll,delete and identify is basically we do that on the software given with the module izzit?and from the reply u stated that "identify (we using only this)",that means we dont use the enroll and delete function?please reply.thanks
  5. priyanka_dandekar

priyanka_dandekar New Member

can ne 1 pls tell...how to combine finger priint based security system with electronic voting machine..??
  6. Binu

Binu Administrator

Yes we are only using the identify function. and the enroll & delete functions can be done by the software provided by the company.
    Yes you can do it, for that you have to study the protocol for the finger print module to add/edit/delete and to get the ID of the fingerprint.
  7. jeymafiq

jeymafiq New Member

thanks for the reply..i would like to know y does the 1st three transistor connected to enroll,delete and identify pin??and y the other two connected to fail and success.the two transistor which connected to success and fail,would have 0=fail and 1=success izzit? i understand u said the transistor work as to trigger the module,but y izzit connected to these pins..please explain.thanks
  8. jeymafiq

jeymafiq New Member

wat are the switch by the name "identify" from the circuit for?
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

Yes there transistors to give input to the Finger print module, and we dont get the output as 0=fail and 1=success
    we will get the output separately from the 2 outputs.
    if it matched then success=1 & fail=0, if it does not matched then success=0 & fail=1
    Its to start the identification process
  10. shimaa sayed

shimaa sayed New Member

alsalaom alykoum
    i want to make aproject about finger print identification system and i dont know how to start
    please what should ido ?
    thank you:)

shimaa sayed