1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Automatic plant Irrigation (AT89C2051)

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

The Project presented here waters your plants regularly when you are out for vocation. The circuit comprises sensor parts built using op-amp IC LM324. Op-amp?s are configured here as a comparator. Two stiff copper wires are inserted in the soil to sense the whether the Soil is wet or dry.
    The Microcontroller was used to control the whole system it monitors the sensors and when more than two sensors sense the dry condition then the microcontroller will switch on the motor and it will switch off the motor when all the sensors are in wet. The microcontroller does the above job it receives the signals from the sensors, and this signals operated under the control of software which is stored in ROM.
    Program: View attachment plant.zip
    Heather likes this.
  2. saimajaved

saimajaved New Member

sir , plz let me know the type of sensors used in digital visitor counter, whether these are infrared sensors????????????

isha
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

The sensors are nothing but two metal rods, which are placed nearby with 2cm gap.

J.Binu
  4. godbolesn

godbolesn New Member

Hello Sir ,
    I am the student of enggineering. I am select the project from your froum AUTOMATIC PLANT IRRIGATION so related this i want to know How to control the water level using microcontroller ???
    Please send the details on my below E mail ID
    godbolesn@gmail.com please send the programm for this in detail

hard work is sucess
  5. Binu

Binu Administrator

Water level is not sensed by the microcontroller.
    This project has 4 sensors which is used to sense whether the soil is wet or try. if more than 2 sensors are in dry condition then the motor is switched on and goes off until all sensors go wet.

Go to the projects page to download the program.
  6. aish433

aish433 New Member

sir
    give me the detail of sensors
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

The sensors are nothing but 2 metal strips, insert this metal strips into the soil.
  8. akanksha

akanksha New Member

sir are we considering here different kinds of soils or a single plant ,is soil resistance going to change as the plant is watered and accordingly changing the output
    also are the four comparators for four different plants/soil conditions??
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

The 4 sensors are used to monitor 4 places. You can use it for a single plant or more.
    The sensors will check the soil for wet or dry. You can adjust the wet & dry conditions by adjusting the Preset in the circuit.
  10. liginmathew

liginmathew New Member

is this a working project?

Ligin Mathew