1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Solar tracking System (AT89C2051)

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

This is a power generating method from sunlight.This method of power generation is simple and is taken from natural resource. This need only maximum sunlight to generate power. This project helps for power generation by setting the equipment to get maximum sunlight automatically. This system is tracking for maximum intensity of light. When there is decrease in intensity of light , this system automatically changes its direction to get maximum intensity of light.
    Here we are using two sensors in two directions to sense the direction of maximum intensity of light. The difference between the outputs of the sensors is given to the microcontroller unit.
    Here we are using the microcontroller for tracking and generating power from sunlight. It will process the input voltage from the comparison circuit and control the direction in which the motor has to be rotated so that it will receive maximum intensity of light from the sun.
    The power generated from this process is then stored in a lead acid battery and is made to charge an emergency light and is made to glow during night.
    Program: View attachment solar.zip
  2. sivakumark

sivakumark Guest

zip file link broken please check it
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

Link corrected.

J.Binu
  4. alok

alok New Member

dear sir , how i could analyze the code ?

alok kr. singh
  5. Binu

Binu Administrator

The logic is simple, we use 2 LDR's in the circuit. The program checks the LDR contionusly and if it found one LDR is in dark then the stepper motor is rotated until both LDR gets light. so that both the LDRs will be perpendicular to the sun.

The LDRs should be placed iinside a small pipe so that the light from the top should fall on it. and we should place a metal plate in between the two LDRs.

J.Binu
  6. alok

alok New Member

thanx sir ,but i mean to say that i want to study the code
    and i couldnot read it because no file could open it
    i hav understood the circuit
    please tell me the source by which i could read the code
    which software could read it after unzipping

alok kr. singh
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

Open with Notepad,
    The RIDE assembler is used to assemble the source code to hex code, you can download it from www.raisonance.com

J.Binu
  8. srikanth1

srikanth1 New Member

sir i want to understand each part of the block diagram so can u send me total description of the diagram

srikanth
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

I am working for all project to give more description and i will post it soon.[^]

J.Binu
  10. syscommsivakumar

syscommsivakumar New Member

thanking you very much